Food & Beverage
Full Time 17.00/Hour
1 Full Time (with benefits)
SUMMARY Provides culinary support to the Executive Chef and Sous Chef. Responsible for preparation of hot and cold foods to specified standards. Works the line in stations.
MINIMUM NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS
• At least 18 years of age
• 3 months experience of cooking and food preparation in a food operation
• Intermediate kitchen production knowledge, equipment use knowledge, and cooking methodology knowledge
• ServSafe Food Handler certification or must obtain within 90 days of employment
Conditions of employment with Little River Casino Resort include passing a pre-employment drug test excluding Marijuana, a background investigation to secure a license from the Little River Band of Ottawa Indians Gaming Commission and successfully completing a three-month introductory period. Must also obtain and maintain Serv Safe certification throughout your time of employment with the Little River Casino Resort.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Customer service, interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to maintain quality service and be able to work cooperatively with all departments
• Strong organizational skills along with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Maintain high confidentiality
• Independently manage multiple tasks in a professional manner and work independently with minimum supervision
• Work and communicate calmly and effectively in high stress situations
• Accurate and detail-oriented in their presentation skills and have good problem solving skills
• Basic mathematical skills as needed to plan food preparation
• Follow recipes, including weighing and measuring of ingredients
• Intermediate knife skills, basic grilling, frying, and sauté skills
• Basic soups, sauces and entrees and determine proper cooking methods for different food items and provide quality assurance, prep, and presentation
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supports lead cooks, sous chefs and supervisors in kitchen production
2. Protection, proper use, and maintenance of Little River Casino Resort assets
3. Preps and cooks food for all food outlets
4. Responsible for preparing menu items on short order or in quantities
5. Responsible for reading/recording temperatures
6. Operates all cooking equipment
7. Meets quality and presentation standards
8. Preps according to par levels
9. Checks and ensures food is adequately prepared for cooking and serving
10. Responsible for prepping of salads, vegetables, fruits, sauces, gravies, meats, and assists in baking
11. Stocks, cleans and organizes food service areas
12. Properly stores food and supplies according to Servsafe guidelines
13. Works at a meat carving station
14. Works banquets as necessary
15. Must satisfactorily complete all training assigned by the Resort.
16. Must adhere to the safety rules and regulations of the Little River Casino Resort and of the Food and Beverage department
Must be able to communicate using oral and written forms. Must be able to stand, sit, walk, and/or exert fast paced mobility for periods in excess of 4 hours. Must have a good sense of balance and be able to bend or kneel. Must be able to push, pull, and grasp carts or objects and independently lift 50 pounds routinely. Manual dexterity is necessary to manipulate kitchen equipment. Must be able to perform repetitive hand and wrist motions.
Office, gaming floor and convention center environment including flashing lights, frequent loud noises and cigarette smoke. Must handle hazardous materials. Must be flexible with work schedule. Must be willing to work any hours and/or shift, as assigned, according to business needs. Occasional overtime required.
DISCLAIMER OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. It shall govern Full Time, Part Time, Seasonal, Intermittent, Temporary or Permanent positions. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
A high school diploma or GED is not required for this position at the present time. However, candidates wishing to transfer to a position which requires a high school diploma or GED must possess certification and provide verification at time of application.
All Little River Casino Resort team members are responsible to ensure that their designated operations are in compliance with Little River Casino Resort policies and Tribal gaming regulations.
REMOVE: Until Filled