Food & Beverage
$7.25 + Tips
2 Part Time
SUMMARY: Serves guests quickly, efficiently, professionally and with complete knowledge of food, beverage and banquet menus throughout the resort as needed. Offers superior customer service and maintains station or section in a clean and orderly manner throughout shift. Serves food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to patrons seated at tables, conference center, event center and gaming floor, within the standards and guidelines prescribed. This is a tipped position, with the exception of working Banquets where there is a gratuity added.
• At least 18 years of age
• ServSafe Food Handler certification or must obtain within 90 days of employment
• TAM certification or must obtain within 90 days of employment
Conditions of employment with Little River Casino Resort include passing a pre-employment drug test excluding Marijuana, a background investigation to secure a license from the Little River Band of Ottawa Indians Gaming Commission and successfully completing a three-month introductory period. Must also obtain and maintain the Serve Safe and TAM certification throughout your time of employment with the Little River Casino Resort.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong organizational skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong customer service, interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to maintain quality service delivery and be accurate and detail-oriented
• Strong problem solving and money-handling skills with the ability to count money and give change swiftly and accurately
• Ability to maintain high confidentiality and independently manage multiple tasks in a professional manner
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and cooperatively with all departments
• Ability to operate a computer point of sale system and have demonstrated ability in basic math calculations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Warmly greets and acknowledges guests upon arrival
2. Assists in seating guests as directed
3. Delivers room service as directed
4. Effectively merchandises food and beverage menus in an informative, friendly and enthusiastic manner
5. Accurately receives food & beverage orders from guests and relays them to the kitchen or bartender through the POS system.
6. Helps execute various styles of service (plated, buffet, passed, etc.)
7. Occasionally may work concession stands.
8. Set tables according to banquet event order.
9. Computes charge amount of beverage and accepts payment from guests.
10. Requests identification from guests when legal age is questioned specific to the alcohol service.
11. Remove empty or dirty glasses, bottles and ashtrays from Gaming floor & service areas.
12. Operates computer point of sale system as needed.
13. Polishes all silverware and glassware used for service.
14. Serves and assists guests with special needs.
15. Assists prior to, during and after events in the conference center and entertainment venue as needed.
16. Maintains general knowledge of Little River Casino Resort events, promotions, programs and service to provide information to customers.
17. Solicits and communicates guest comments or concerns to management.
18. Attends required trainings and meetings.
19. Performs all duties in accordance with Little River Casino Resort and the Beverage department customer service standards.
20. Cleans, stocks, and maintains the workstations throughout shift.
21. Must obtain and maintain Serve Safe and TAM certification throughout employment.
22. Must satisfactorily complete all training assigned by the Resort.
23. Must adhere to the safety rules and regulations of the Little River Casino Resort and of the Food and Beverage Department.
Must be able to communicate effectively. Must be able to operate Point of Sale System for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods in excess of 4 to 8 hours. Must be able to walk, and/or stand for long periods of time. Must have a good sense of balance and be able to bend and kneel. Must be able to push, pull and grasp objects up to 300 pounds with assistance of a ball-bearing caster cart. Must be able to independently lift up to 35 pounds routinely and 50 pounds occasionally. Must have manual dexterity necessary to manipulate food &beverage equipment. Must be able to perform repetitive hand and wrist motions. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment
Office, dining room and convention center environment including flashing lights, frequent loud noises and cigarette smoke. Must be flexible with work schedule. Must be willing to work any hours and/or shift, as assigned, according to business needs. Occasional overtime required. Occasionally must deal with angry or hostile individuals. High volume direct public contact.
DISCLAIMER OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. It shall govern Full Time, Part Time, Seasonal, Intermittent, Temporary or Permanent positions. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
A high school diploma or GED is not required for this position at the present time. However, candidates wishing to transfer to a position which requires a high school diploma or GED must possess certification and provide verification at time of application.
All Little River Casino Resort employees are responsible to ensure that their designated operations are in compliance with Little River Casino Resort policies and Tribal gaming regulations.
Remove: UNTIL FILLED