1 Full Time
SUMMARY Responsible for the maintenance of Little River Casino Resort facilities and equipment.
MINIMUM NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS
• High school diploma or GED required
• At least 21 years of age
• Two (2) years’ experience in an industrial or building trades maintenance position
• Experience operating a variety of motor vehicles, including automatic and manual transmissions, diesel as well as gas engines
• Strong background and knowledge of one or more of the following: mechanical, electrical and/or HVAC systems
• Valid Driver’s License and be insurable on Company’s Policy throughout employment
Conditions of employment with Little River Casino Resort include passing a pre-employment drug test including marijuana, a background investigation to secure a license from the Little River Band of Ottawa Indian Gaming Commission, passing Resort background investigation and successfully completing a three-month introductory period.
Individual must not have been charged or released from employment or involved with anything which could be considered a liability to the Resort, e.g. harassment, theft, violence, or integrity issues.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Basic computer skills with experience in word processing, databases, and spreadsheets
• Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
• Basic professional telephone etiquette
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Guest service, interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to maintain quality service delivery
• Accurate and detail-oriented
• Maintain high confidentiality
• Independently manage multiple tasks in a professional manner
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to work cooperatively with all departments
• Ability to operate most power and moving equipment
• Ability to do minor mechanical, electrical and HVAC system repairs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for installation, repair and maintenance of Little River Casino Resort buildings, grounds, and equipment.
• Safety operates power and moving equipment utilizing proper safety equipment according to OSHA standards and Little River Casino Resort’s company policy.
• Maintains records of maintenance repairs, systems, and equipment.
• Assists grounds personnel on respective shifts.
• Assists and train apprentices.
• Monitors activities on casino property and notifies security if necessary.
• Utilizes, store, and disposes of hazardous materials according to OSHA standards.
• Assists with pool and spa maintenance as necessary.
• Must satisfactorily complete all training assigned by the Resort.
• Must adhere to the safety rules and regulations of the Little River Casino Resort and of the facilities department.
• Must be aware of and adhere to the emergency and evacuation procedures.
• Must be aware of and adhere to the Resorts Health & Safety Program.
Refers to the level and duration of physical exertion generally required to perform critical tasks in support of job functions. Must be able to walk, sit, and/or stand for periods of up to 4 hours. Must have a good sense of balance and be able to bend and kneel. Must be able to push, pull and grasp objects. Must have near sight, color vision and depth perception. Must be able to climb a 32 ft. ladder. Must have the ability to independently lift up to ¬50 pounds occasionally. Must have manual dexterity necessary to manipulate maintenance equipment. Must be able to perform repetitive hand and wrist motions. Must be able to navigate ladders, crawl spaces, catwalks, and uneven surfaces both indoor and outdoor and work at high elevations.
A working environment is the setting, social features, and physical conditions in which a job is performed. The general working environment for the Resort is office, gaming floor, food outlet, hotel and convention/entertainment center including flashing lights, frequent loud noises and a smoke-filled environment. Must be flexible with work schedule for any hours and/or shift, as assigned, according to business needs. Occasional overtime required. Occasionally must deal with angry or hostile individuals.
Position specific working environment includes but not limited to: Must handle hazardous materials. Outdoor environment. May be required to work in extreme weather elements for long periods of time. Works with pesticides, gas, and hazardous materials
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job description. It shall govern all positions as defined in the Team Member Handbook. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All Little River Casino Resort Team Members are responsible to ensure they are in compliance with Little River Casino Resort Policies and Tribal Gaming Regulations.
REMOVE: Until Filled