2 Full Time
SUMMARY Supports the marketing department in all areas with a concentration in the Players Club. Responsible for the effective communication of the Players Club program, for promoting the casino and determining whether the minimum qualifications for complimentary services or goods have been met.
MINIMUM NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS
• High school diploma or GED required
• At least 18 years of age
• Six (6) months computer data entry experience
Conditions of employment with Little River Casino Resort include passing a pre-employment drug test excluding marijuana, a background investigation to secure a gaming license from the Little River Band of Ottawa Indian Gaming Commission, passing Resort background investigation and successfully completing a three-month introductory period.
Individual must not have been charged or released from employment or involved with anything which could be considered a liability to the Resort, e.g. harassment, theft, violence, or integrity issues.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Basic computer skills with experience in word processing, databases, and spreadsheets
• Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
• Strong professional telephone etiquette
• Strong problem solving skills
• Guest service, interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to maintain quality service delivery
• Accurate and detail-oriented
• Maintain confidentiality
• Independently manage multiple tasks in a professional manner
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to work cooperatively with all departments
• Ability to manage extensive amounts of paperwork
• Ability to operate most office equipment (computer, fax, copier, etc)
• Ability to operate the casino management system within 30 days of employment
• Ability to utilize Player Tracking system and analyze information to make appropriate decisions related to comping
• Ability to effectively approach strangers, strike up conversations, and build relationships
• Basic math calculation skills
• Ability to operate a microphone
• Ability to effectually speak to a large group of people
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitors players card use on gaming floor to identify non-card players to encourage enrollment in players card program.
• Communicates the benefits and rewards of the club to entice membership and card usage.
• Effectively explains how to qualify for the different club levels benefits and rewards.
• Signs up new guests for their Player’s Club card, processes replacement cards and maintains the data base updating guest records and merging duplicate accounts to ensure guest information is correct.
• Extends complimentary services within the guidelines established by management.
• Monitors and ensures functionality of marketing kiosks.
• Meet and greet groups providing an appropriate group information and an explanation of the Club benefits and responding to guest inquiries.
• Actively build and retain guest relations, acting as a mentor to team members to provide superior guest service to internal and external guests.
• Provides account information and Marketing promotion eligibility upon request.
• Communicates and maintains working knowledge of operations, programs, events, promotions, and services.
• Make announcements over the intercom system.
• Answers telephones and provides information to callers and/or route calls to appropriate persons.
• Assist with groups, direct marketing, entertainment, promotions, and special events.
• Must satisfactorily complete all training assigned by the Resort
• Must adhere to the safety rules and regulations of the Little River Casino Resort and of the Marketing department.
• Must be aware of and adhere to the emergency and evacuation procedures.
• Must be aware of and adhere to the Resorts Health & Safety Program.
Refers to the level and duration of physical exertion generally required to perform critical tasks in support of job functions. Must be able to operate computer equipment for extended periods of time. Must be able to walk, sit, and/or stand for periods of up to 8 hours. Must have a good sense of balance and be able to bend and kneel. Must be able to stoop, crouch, climb and crawl. Must be able to push, pull and grasp objects. Must have the ability to independently lift up to ¬40 pounds frequently. Must have manual dexterity necessary to manipulate office equipment. Must be able to perform repetitive hand and wrist motions. Must be able to navigate stairs and work at high elevations.
A working environment is the setting, social features, and physical conditions in which a job is performed. The general working environment for the Resort is office, gaming floor, food outlet, hotel and convention/entertainment center including flashing lights, frequent loud noises, and a smoke-filled environment. Must be flexible with work schedule for any hours and/or shift, as assigned, according to business needs. Occasional overtime required. Occasionally must deal with angry or hostile individuals.
Position specific working environment includes but not limited to: Extensive computer use, must handle hazardous materials and high volume direct public contact.
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job description. It shall govern all positions as defined in the Team Member Handbook. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All Little River Casino Resort Team Members are responsible to ensure they are in compliance with Little River Casino Resort Policies and Tribal Gaming Regulations.
REMOVE: Until Filled