Food & Beverage
1 Full Time
SUMMARY Responsible for the preparation of cold foods, such as salads, sandwiches, fruit, vegetable, and cheese trays and hot foods such as soups and sandwiches to specified standards under the direction of the Sous Chef. Support line staff in production
MINIMUM NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS
• At least 18 years of age required
• Basic kitchen production knowledge preferred
• Basic kitchen equipment use knowledge preferred
• Must obtain ServSafe Certification within 90-days and maintain throughout employment
Conditions of employment with Little River Casino Resort include passing a pre-employment drug test excluding marijuana, a background investigation to secure a license from the Little River Band of Ottawa Indian Gaming Commission, passing Resort background investigation and successfully completing a three-month introductory period.
Individual must not have been charged or released from employment or involved in anything which could be considered a liability to the Resort, e.g., harassment, theft, violence, or integrity issues.
SKILLS AND ABILTIES
• Basic organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
• Basic problem-solving skills
• Guest service, interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to maintain quality service delivery
• Accurate and detail-oriented
• Maintain high confidentiality
• Independently manage multiple tasks in a professional manner
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to work cooperatively with all departments
• Basic knife skills and basic mathematical skills as needed to plan food preparation
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Protection, proper use, and maintenance of Little River Casino Resort assets.
• Supports the line staff in kitchen production.
• Responsible for preparing menu items on short order or in quantities.
• Responsible for preparing and portioning salads, dressings, and other cold dishes.
• Responsible for reading and recording temperatures, following recipes, including weighing, and measuring of ingredients.
• Bakes biscuits, pastries, cookies, and breads
• Properly stores food and supplies according to Servsafe regulations.
• Cleans and organizes food service areas.
• Works banquets as business needs.
• Must satisfactorily complete all training assigned by the Resort.
• Must adhere to the safety rules and regulations of the Little River Casino Resort and of the Food & Beverage Department.
• Must be aware of and adhere to the emergency and evacuation procedures.
• Must be aware of and adhere to the Resorts Health & Safety Program.
Refers to the level and duration of physical exertion generally required to perform critical tasks in support of job functions. Must be able to walk, sit, and/or stand for periods of up to 4 hours. Must have a good sense of balance and be able to bend and kneel. Must be able to push, pull and grasp objects. Must be able to climb a 3 ft. ladder. Must have the ability to independently lift up to ¬50 pounds continuously. Must have manual dexterity necessary to manipulate kitchen equipment. Must be able to perform repetitive hand and wrist motions.
A working environment is the setting, social features, and physical conditions in which a job is performed. The general working environment for the Resort is office, gaming floor, food outlet, hotel and convention/entertainment center including flashing lights, frequent loud noises, and a smoke-filled environment. Must be flexible with work schedule for any hours and/or shift, as assigned, according to business needs. Occasional overtime required. Occasionally must deal with angry or hostile individuals.
Position specific working environment includes but not limited to: High Volume direct public contact and must handle hazardous materials.
DISCLAIMER OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job description. It shall govern all positions as defined in the Team Member Handbook. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All Little River Casino Resort Team Members are responsible to ensure they are in compliance with Little River Casino Resort Policies and Tribal Gaming Regulations.
REMOVE: Until Filled