4 Full Time
SUMMARY Responsible for protecting Little River Casino Resort assets. Provide security support and ensure property wide safety of both guests and Resort Team Members. This is a represented position.
MINIMUM NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS
• High School diploma or GED required
• At least 18 years of age
• One (1) year security or casino security experience, or three (3) months Little River Casino Resort security experience
• Valid Driver’s License and be insurable on the company’s policy throughout employment
• First Aid, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Techniques of Alcohol Management (TAM) Certification or must be obtained within 90 days of employment
• Working knowledge of incident report writing and report writing systems preferred
Conditions of employment with Little River Casino Resort also include passing a pre-employment drug test including marijuana, a background investigation to secure a gaming license from the Little River Band of Ottawa Indian Gaming Commission, and successfully completing a three-month introductory period.
Individual must not have been charged or released from employment or involved with anything which could be considered a liability to the Resort, e.g. harassment, theft, violence, or integrity issues.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong computer skills with experience in word processing, databases and spreadsheets
• Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong professional telephone etiquette
• Strong problem solving skills
• Guest service, interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to maintain quality service delivery
• Accurate and detail oriented
• Maintain high confidentiality
• Independently manage multiple tasks in a professional manner
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to work cooperatively with all Departments
• Ability to operate most office equipment (i.e. computer, fax, copier, etc)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide a pleasant greeting to Little River Casino Resort guests.
• Inspect valid identifications for proper age to gain access to gaming floor.
• Analyze all items entering and leaving the gaming floor.
• Monitors Little River Casino Resort facility, property, and money handling areas to ensure the security of guests, team members and assets of Little River Casino Resort on assigned shift.
• Performs First Aid and CPR as required for Little River Casino Resort guests and team members.
• Identifies and reports issues regarding security to the operations of all Departments within Little River Casino Resort to the Security Supervisor, Security Manager and/or Department Director.
• Compiles reports/records to ensure compliance with standards and policies.
• Investigates complaints and/or concerns from guests and/or team members.
• Analyzes and resolves situations to ensure compliance with Little River Casino Resort policies and procedures.
• Provide input or recommendations for improvement or changes in programs, processes, or services, may also participates in other department projects as directed.
• Transports Little River Casino Resort team members for Reasonable Suspicion testing.
• Monitors and maintains general knowledge of alarm system and reports any discrepancies.
• Maintain working knowledge of all Little River Casino Resort operations, programs, events, promotions, and services.
• Makes and distributes Little River Casino Resort ID badges in compliance with Little River Casino Resort Gaming Commission.
• Identifies intoxicated guests utilizing TAM techniques.
• Must satisfactorily complete all training assigned by the Resort.
• Must adhere to the safety rules and regulations of the Little River Casino Resort and of the Security Department.
• Must be aware of and adhere to the emergency and evacuation procedures.
• Must be aware of and adhere to the Resorts Health & Safety Program.
Refers to the level and duration of physical exertion generally required to perform critical tasks in support of job functions. Must be able to operate computer equipment for extended periods of time. Must be able to walk, sit, and/or stand for periods of up to 8 hours. Must have a good sense of balance, and be able to bend and kneel. Must be able to push, pull and grasp objects. Must have near sight, color vision and depth perception. Must have the ability to independently lift up to 20 pounds occasionally. Must perform repetitive hand and wrist motions. May be required to physically subdue, restrain or remove hostile individuals upon request.
A working environment is the setting, social features and physical conditions in which a job is performed. The general working environment for the Resort is office, gaming floor, food outlet, hotel and convention/entertainment center including flashing lights, frequent loud noises and a smoke filled environment. Must be flexible with work schedule for any hours and/or shift, as assigned, according to business needs. Occasional overtime required. Occasionally must deal with angry or hostile individuals.
Additional position specific working environment includes but not limited to: High volume direct public contact, outdoor environment, and may be required to work in extreme weather elements for long periods of time.
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. It shall govern all positions as defined in the Team Member Handbook. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All Little River Casino Resort Team Members are responsible to ensure they are in compliance with Little River Casino Resort Policies and Tribal Gaming Regulations.
REMOVE: Until Filled