1 Full Time
SUMMARY Responsible for writing up Sports Book betting slips and cashing in winning tickets. Performs all duties according to strict procedures to ensure company assets are protected.
MINIMUM NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS
• High School diploma or GED required
• At least 18 years of age
• Previous guest service
• Cash handling experience
Conditions of employment with Little River Casino Resort include passing a pre-employment drug test excluding marijuana, a background investigation to secure a gaming license from the Little River Band of Ottawa Indian Gaming Commission, passing Resort background investigation and successfully completing a three-month introductory period.
Individual must not have been charged or released from employment or involved with anything which could be considered a liability to the Resort, e.g. harassment, theft, violence, or integrity issues.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Basic computer skills with experience in word processing, databases, and spreadsheets
• Basic organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
• Basic problem-solving skills
• Strong money handling skills with the ability to count money and give change swiftly and accurately
• Guest service, interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to maintain quality service delivery
• Accurate and detail oriented
• Maintain high confidentiality
• Independently manage multiple tasks in a professional manner
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work cooperatively with all departments
• Ability to manage extensive amounts of paperwork
• Ability to operate most office equipment (computer, fax, copier, etc.)
• Ability to make quick and accurate decisions
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Must Comply with IRS requirements for accepting Sportsbook wagers on behalf of the resort.
• Clarifies Sports Book promotional programs to potential guests, hands out informational brochures and keeps guests informed of all promotional activities and events.
• Be well-versed in the products and services offered in the Sports Book room and the ability to promote them to guests in a confident and efficient manner.
• Communicates effectively when explaining wagering to new guests and can use simple terms to communicate the process of wagering.
• Maintains a cash bank at the start of each business day and returning the bank at the end of each business day.
• Maintains an accurate count of all money and reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance cash drawer.
• Placing wagers, writes, and processes tickets as requested by guests.
• Verify and process winning tickets.
• Complies with all internal controls and procedures related to departmental operations.
• Reports any irregularities to the supervisor or manager.
• Be able to print out Sports Book tickets as requested from guests.
• Completes accurate cage records.
• Ensures inventory and accountability balances on a per-shift basis.
• Maintains general knowledge of Little River Casino Resort operations, programs, promotions, events, and Sports Book services.
• Must satisfactorily complete all training assigned by the Resort.
• Must adhere to safety rules and regulations of Little River Casino Resort and the Gaming Operations department.
• Must be aware of and adhere to the emergency and evacuation procedures.
• Must be aware of and adhere to the Resorts Health & Safety Program.
Refers to the level and duration of physical exertion generally required to perform critical tasks in support of job functions. Must be able to operate computer equipment for extended periods of time. Must be able to walk, sit, and/or stand for periods of up to 4 hours. Must have a good sense of balance and be able to bend and kneel. Must be able to push, pull and grasp cart with weights of up to 250 pounds with assistance of a motorized cart. Must be able to climb a 3-foot ladder. Must have the ability to independently lift up to ¬25 pounds routinely. Must have manual dexterity necessary to manipulate cage equipment. Must be able to perform repetitive hand and wrist motions.
A working environment is the setting, social features, and physical conditions in which a job is performed. The general working environment for the Resort is office, gaming floor, food outlet, hotel and convention/entertainment center including flashing lights, frequent loud noises, and a smoke-filled environment. Must be flexible with work schedule for any hours and/or shift, as assigned, according to business needs. Occasional overtime required. Occasionally must deal with angry or hostile individuals.
Position specific working environment includes but not limited to: Extensive computer use and high-volume direct public contact.
DISCLAIMER OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job description. It shall govern all positions as defined in the Team Member Handbook. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All Little River Casino Resort Team Members are responsible to ensure they are in compliance with Little River Casino Resort Policies and Tribal Gaming Regulations.
REMOVE: Until Filled