Food & Beverage
2 Seasonal Full Time - Seasonal team member’s work up to 6 months with the ability to return year after year with flexible
SUMMARY: Supports kitchen staff in everyday function in all outlets. Wash dishes, pots, pans, and equipment. Maintains general cleanliness and heavy cleaning of kitchen. Attends to the assigned food outlets and EDR (employee dining room) by ensuring cleanliness and adequate supply of food.
MINIMUM NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS:
• At least 16 years of age
• ServSafe Food Handler certification or must obtain within 90 days of employment
Conditions of employment with Little River Casino Resort include passing a pre-employment drug test excluding Marijuana, a background investigation to secure a license from the Little River Band of Ottawa Indians Gaming Commission and successfully completing a three-month introductory period.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Basic organizational skills and verbal communication skills
• Interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to maintain quality service delivery
• Ability to maintain high confidentiality
• Ability to independently manage multiple tasks in a professional manner
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to work cooperatively with all departments
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Protection, proper use, and maintenance of Little River Casino Resort assets
2. Washes, rinses, and sanitizes dishes, pots, cookware, utensils and any other equipment used in the food service areas according to Resort guidelines
3. Carries and puts away pots, pans, and other utensils and equipment
4. Maintains general cleanliness of kitchen and storage areas
5. Responsible for sorting silverware prior to delivery to the Front of the House
6. Stocks, cleans and organizes designated areas
7. Breaks down cardboard and takes out trash
8. Responsible for heavy cleaning of kitchen
9. May be asked to serve as a buffet attendant as needed
10. May be asked to serve as EDR attendant as needed
11. Maintains good customer service standards while working in public areas
12. Maintains a clean and sanitary buffet station and maintain appealing, quality food on buffet
13. Records temperatures and takes necessary corrective actions
14. Supports kitchen staff by helping in food production as necessary
15. Must maintain good attendance and punctuality as well as attending all trainings designated by the Food and Beverage Department
16. Must satisfactorily complete all training assigned by the Resort.
17. Must adhere to the safety rules and regulations of the Little River Casino Resort and of the Food and Beverage Department
Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods in excess of 4 hours. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must have a good sense of balance and be able to bend and kneel. Must be able to push, pull and grasp objects. Must be able to climb a 3 ft. ladder. Must have the ability to independently lift up to 50 pounds routinely. Must have manual dexterity necessary to manipulate kitchen equipment. Must be able to perform repetitive hand and wrist motions.
Office, gaming floor and convention center environment including flashing lights, frequent loud noises and cigarette smoke. Must be flexible with work schedule. Must be willing to work any hours and/or shift, as assigned, according to business needs. Occasional overtime required. Occasionally must deal with angry or hostile individuals. Must handle hazardous materials.
DISCLAIMER OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. It shall govern Full Time, Part Time, Seasonal, Intermittent, Temporary or Permanent, positions. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Employees under 18 years of age shall not, in the scope of the employment or any LRCR activity, participate in any act that requires them to come into contact, handle, or dispose of hazardous materials.
A high school diploma or GED is not required for this position at the present time. However, candidates wishing to transfer to a position which requires a high school diploma or GED must possess certification and provide verification at time of application.
All Little River Casino Resort team members are responsible to ensure that their designated operations are in compliance with Little River Casino Resort policies, and Tribal gaming regulations.
REMOVE: Until Filled